This specialized course can only be offered by DMV licensed driving schools or secondary schools that have a qualified curriculum and certified teachers. In North Carolina, students must be at least 14 years and 6 months old to take Driver’s Education.
Our goal is to provide your teen with the tools necessary to become a safe and responsible driver.
The following includes a brief example of subjects that will be taught in our driver’s education class.
1. Laws - registration, pedestrian, traffic, right of way, DUI, etc.
2. What to do at the scene of an accident - first aid, reports, insurance info
3. Vehicle Maintenance - tire pressure, oil checks, the importance of regular maintenance
4. Defensive Driving - vision habits, space management, behavioral training
5. Reading and Understanding Roadway Markings and Signs
6. Safety Techniques around Motorcycles and Tractor Trailers
They will need the following:
Certified Birth Certificate
Social Security Card
Driver’s Education Certificate
School Eligibility Form (Valid for 30 days only)
Proof of Residency (School Transcript, dated, signed and stamped by a school official)
Parent or Guardian
• You must pass written, signs, and vision tests.
• All passengers most be restrained by seatbelt or child safety seat.
• No one except the driver and the supervising driver are allowed in the front seat.
• During the first six months, Level One permit authorizes you to drive between the hours of 5 a.m. and 9 p.m. while accompanied by your supervising driver.
• Six months from Level One issuance, you are eligible to drive anytime with your supervising driver.
• You are not permitted to use a mobile telephone or other additional technology associated with a mobile telephone while operating a motor vehicle on a public street or highway or public vehicular area.
• Starting and stopping
• Scanning and visual search
• Using the mirrors
• Right and left turns
• Light traffic
• Three point turns
• Residential area driving
• Business area driving
• One way streets
• Keeping the car under control
• Defensive Driving