Are you a Licensed Driving Instructor, in possession of a 90-day probationary Driving Instructor Permit, or currently attending an 80-hour course to work toward this goal?
Are you able to empower and coach students to excel in the classroom and remain safe behind the wheel of a vehicle?
Do you enjoy mentoring youth and have a desire to guide them through one of these critical steps they are taking to prepare for adulthood?
If so, then we would love to hear from you!
• Prepare and coach students on the necessary skills for a safe driving career.
• Monitor students’ progress and provide additional instruction, when necessary.
• Help manage expectations students may have of this course.
• Guide class discussions, answering questions related to driving concepts, rules, and laws.
• Mentor students on best and safest driving practices.
• Stay up-to-date on the state’s driving laws, rules, and regulations.
• Discuss and indicate where to find testing material.
• Oversee classroom resting
• Create and maintain a supportive environment for all students.
• Provide your availability for at least one month in advance.
• Have a willingness and ability to arrive at work on time.
• Have a willingness and ability to work a minimum of 2 Saturdays (or Sundays) each month.
• Have a willingness and ability to work most Federal holidays, excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas Days.